Saturday, March 2, 2013

The end of veg month...

February is over!  I had a ham sandwich yesterday to celebrate.  I will share our menu for last week with you, to finish up the month (see week 1, week 2, week 3) but we didn't eat very many new meals.  

Sunday - we had breakfast with my family before they left to go home, and then I think we had cereal or something for dinner.  I didn't take a picture of breakfast, which is a shame, because it was beautiful. We had toast with avocado, queso fresco, and pickled red onions.  It is one of our family's favorites.

Monday - Black bean soup (see week 1)

Tuesday - Breakfast for dinner (pancakes)

Wednesday - Stuffed Bell Peppers
IMG_1165
I didn't have  recipe for these, and I was afraid they wouldn't be good, but they were.  Glenn LOVED them.

Thursday - Tortilla soup (see week 2)

Friday - We ordered pizza because I forgot to make the dough before leaving to do the laundry.  

So for February, I planned a whole month of meals at one time.  It took me about an hour to do, but it was so nice for the rest of the month!  Usually on Saturday morning before we grocery shop, I try to plan the next week of meals and I hate it.  Having the whole month planned took away so much of the stress, and we saved a lot of money!   I want to stick with it, so I planned the whole month of March yesterday. 

Also, last night my dad made the stuffed poblanos that I made in week 2, and they looked much more beautiful than mine!  I wish I was there to eat with them! 
Photo0030

p.s.  I completed my NYR of eating veg for February, and I also am now 50 for 50 on writing in my journal everyday this year. (we are 50 days into this year already, can you believe it??)

3 comments:

  1. When you said 50/50 I thought you meant 50% and was not that impressed for a minute. Now that you can eat meat again you should make the spicy italian sausage caramelized onion gorgonzola and mozzarella cheese pizza that Annie made yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! That sounds amazing! Also, I fixed that part of the post now so it is easier to understand. I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a halfway kind of person.

      Delete
  2. Dad is going to be so proud you posted his stuffed poblanos!

    ReplyDelete