Monday, February 25, 2013

What we did with my family

Mom, Dad, and Courtney were her this weekend, and we had such a great time!  There is nothing I love more than having our family (and friends) come visit us.  (that is a hint to all of you!  Come visit us!)

They got here Thursday night, and on Friday morning, we went to breakfast at Jacks and Joe.  It is a breakfast place right in our neighborhood, and everybody loves it.  We went to the sample sales later that morning, and then out to lunch at Wurstkuche.  In the afternoon, my family helped me do my laundry!  Wasn't that nice of them to do on their vacation?  And I really appreciated the help.

On the bus to the sample sales:
photo-14
At the laundry mat with Aunt Courtney:
photo-12
While the clothes were in the dryer, courtesy of Grandma:
photo-1
photo-2
(this was after we all got pedicures, by the way.  My mom sure knows how to make doing your laundry more fun!)

On Saturday, we had our traditional Saturday morning breakfast at Ralph's and then we went to the beach.  We had such a good time at the beach; it was definitely my favorite part of their whole visit.  My parents brought a kite, and it was just breezy enough to keep it flying.  We ate at Wahoo's afterwards.  Wahoo's is such a southern CA thing, so we wanted to introduce them to it.
photo-10
photo-13
photo-6
photo-8
(I guess you can tell my mom was behind the camera most of the time; this is the only picture I have of her from the whole trip!)

photo-5
They left to drive home yesterday after Sacrament meeting, and we already miss them!  Violet's first word when she woke up from her nap after church was, "Gra-pa??"

3 comments:

  1. Vi is such a good smiler for the camera. Also, I noticed you are reading a cookbook at the beach. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Grandpa sure knows how to make girls love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even remember that picture in the laundromat being taken! Which is probably why I look so crazy in it. Also it looks like Violet is trying to run away from me but that's only because she had just finished the above ice cream cone and was exceedingly energetic.

    ReplyDelete