Friday, June 8, 2012

May Book Club - And our new venue!

Photo0182

The book club meeting for May was a success!  We actually had it this week, in the beginning of June, because everyone was out of town for Memorial Day weekend.  The picture above is the room where we have had our last few meetings.  I wish I had a better picture, because this one doesn't do justice to the amazingness of the house!  One of the girls in the club lives in this historic house right near campus, and you wouldn't believe how beautiful it is.  It makes me feel like our book club is so legit when we meet in such a cool place!  Unfortunately, they are moving in a couple of months, so this is the last meeting we will have there.  Then it is back to my boring old apartment!

Our book for May was Poisonwood Bible, and I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did the first time I read it.  Unfortunately, our book club is getting smaller and smaller because so many people are moving this summer, so I hope some new people move in that want to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment