My Mothers' Day was perfect. Here are five good things that happened:
1. My mom was here! So I got to be with my daughter and my mother. It was fun to all celebrate together. If you didn't know, I have a pretty wonderful mom. Pretty and wonderful!
2. Violet slept in half an hour later than usual in the morning.
3. Then she took a three hour nap in the afternoon! All the extra sleep is about the best gift she could have given me!
4. Glenn gave a talk in church, and did a great job. And of course said a lot of embarrassing things about me being a good mother.
5. Glenn gave me two really good presents! One is a book I've been wanting forever, but they don't have at the library, called "Apartment Gardening". I've read the first few chapters already and I love it! You just wait, I'm going to have an amazing apartment garden someday. The other was the movie Funny Girl. I saw half of it a while back and have really been wanting to see the rest of it! I was so surprised by both gifts. Glenn is such a great gift-giver.
I couldn't have asked for more! I sure love being a mom. I got lucky having as cool of a daughter as Violet!