Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The shoe

Violet took a ONE HOUR nap in her crib yesterday! This is a huge improvement that I've been working up to, because for a while she would only sleep in my arms during the day.

Also, at dinner during priesthood session, my friend's daughter who is about 18 months old was wearing some really cute little crocheted shoes that my friend had made.

Yesterday, because of Violet's miraculous nap, I found myself with an hour to do whatever I wanted with both hands. Accordingly, I decided to try to make some shoes like Julia's. It was sort of a success. They look like shoes:
Photo0400
Photo0401

But they are also gigantic:
violet's big shoe

Also, so you can really see how mediocre they are, here is what they are supposed to look like:
IMG_0803.JPG-500x375

Oh well. I have only made the left shoe so far, so maybe the right shoe will turn out better! I'm going to try to make a smaller pair next. These probably won't fit her until she is five.

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed by how much that looks like a shoe! Also I laughed out louddd at the picture of Biolet wearing the shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me the pattern??? I am looking for something cute/fun to do for all my friends having babies, since I have been such a slacker so far

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afton - ask and ye shall receive......baby shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the shoe is a success :) but most of all, Violet sure looks cute.

    ReplyDelete