Saturday, August 24, 2013

First week in AZ

If I don't get to posting some of the pictures from this trip now, I'll never do it!  In another week, I'll be completely overwhelmed and probably just give up completely.  On that note, get ready for A LOT of pictures.

We are having a great time!  We have been here for two weeks, and come home in one week.  Right now, I'm just going to document some of the things that happened that first week we were here.  Lots of fun!

My mom and Violet painted together.  Violet is a creative genius (at least I think so).
DSC00553
DSC00558

My parents took Violet on a date while Glenn and I went on a date.  They went out to dinner and then to Build-A-Bear where Violet picked out a white kitty that she named Belle, and whom she is now obsessed with.
photo-79
photo-80photo-81

We have spent some time with Violet's cousin Benson, which has been really fun for her.  One morning we went to the splash pad at the mall.  This was one of the first times they saw each other, so although they had fun, they didn't really play much together.
DSC00559DSC00560
(That is them in there together.  Benson is in the blue.)

DSC00563
DSC00564

A couple of days later, we went to the Natural History Museum with Lauri and Benson, and Scott and Terri.  You guys, the museum was so cool!  I just didn't expect much from it, considering the Natural HIstory Museum that we go to every week in LA is so amazing. This one is much smaller, obviously, but it was beautiful in a less grandiose way, and there was so much to do!  I think when we move back here, I'll end up getting a membership!  It is especially nice to have something to do in the summer time here where there is air conditioning...
DSC00568
DSC00569
(panning for gold)

DSC00570
DSC00574
(the more VIolet and Benson have seen each other, the more they have played together)

One afternoon last week, we had a girls-afternoon-out, and Mom, Courtney, Violet and I painted pottery at As You Wish! I always think that is so fun, and we all had a good time.  Violet painted a vase that turned out great!  It this picture, our pottery hadn't been fired yet, so they look a lot better in real life now.
photo-77

Last, we ate dinner at my Aunt Judy's house on Sunday.  My two cousins, Roni and Riki, have little girls exactly VIolet's age.  Davi is three days younger, and Emma is about 6 weeks younger.  Violet had the best time playing with them.  This was one of the highlights of the week for me, because I haven't seen Violet play so well (like happily and without reserve) with anyone since Hannah, Sofia and Jonathon moved away from us in LA.  I could hardly get a good picture because they were all moving so fast!
DSC00577DSC00578DSC00579

1 comment: