Monday, September 3, 2012

Pizza Friday

A couple of months ago, Glenn and I decided to start a tradition of having pizza on Friday.  Admittedly, more often than not we have had frozen pizza or takeout, but I have also made a few homemade pizzas.  Normally, I am dismissive of pizza recipes;  like I need help thinking of things to put on a pizza??

However, I bookmarked this recipe from a blog a couple of weeks ago.  Here's the thing:  It is a vegan pizza.  With a "vegan cheeze sauce".  Which I know sounds really scary, but the pictures looked so delicious!  So I told Glenn the sauce was a "roasted tomato-cashew pesto", which is basically true, so it wouldn't freak him out, and we both loved it!  The sauce was delicious, but for me, the real stars were the balsamic roasted tomatoes.  
IMG_3272
(It looks weirder in this picture than it did in real life. And oh yeah, we added parmesan cheese, because we aren't actually vegans and cheese is delicious.)


IMG_3275
(This is more what it looked like)

It has been really warm in our apartment the last few days, so we ate our pizza on the front step!  By the way, Violet loved this pizza too :)
IMG_3276

2 comments:

  1. I like the way Glenn ate all the corners off the pizza so that with the 2 tomatoes on it, it looks like a flounder.

    ReplyDelete