Saturday, July 20, 2013

Conversations With a Two-Year-Old

Violet has been saying so many funny things lately, I thought I should write them all down so we don't forget!  

(I was about to mop, so I was holding the swiffer between my legs while I put the wet wipe on it, when Violet walked into the kitchen...)
Violet:  (gasp)  Mama ride like Harry Potter!

(At a new exhibit at the Natural History Museum)
Violet:  What's that, mama?
Me:  An oil pump.  What do you think it is used for?
Violet:  For... making..........honey?

(Violet and Glenn are watching a James Bond movie in the other room when I hear...)
Violet:  James Bond is going to church!
Glenn:  Uh...no...he is just wearing a suit...

(Right before bedtime)
Me:  You are so sweet, Violet.  Did you know you are sweet?
Violet:  Yeah.
Me:  What makes you so sweet?
Violet: CANDY!

(At WIC, talking to the nutritionist about healthy foods we should eat)
Nutritionist: (shows Violet a picture of all different kinds of foods):  Which of these foods does your mom like to eat?  (When Violet doesn't answer for a while, she prompts her:) Carrots?  Apples?
Violet: Mama likes this one. (points at picture of cake)

DSC00476

3 comments:

  1. This is literally the BEST blog post you have ever posted! Your conversations are funnier, but have you seen the youtube series, Conversations with a Two Year Old? They are really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great - and I request more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! She is super smart for her age! harry potter?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete